Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Gaia Korean Restaurant, Suntec City Mall, Singapore

Tuesday, July 5, 2011
DSC_0034
DSC_0038
Complimentary Ban Chan (Korean Appetizers), Seafood Soup

For some reason, I have been strongly craving for Korean food. The first solution I had was to grab a bunch of friends and head to 2D1N Soju Bang in the hope of finding Korean bbq heaven. It was fun but I mostly wound up smelling like barbecued meat with images of Seoul Garden slipping in and out of my head. Then Gaia Korean Restaurant jumped on my radar since it happens to be both highly rated on hungrygowhere.com and fairly accessible. I liked it - the lunch prices and setting were comfortable and the food was good. The complimentary Ban Chan (appetizers) were definitely welcomed, especially the kimchi and kimchi pancakes squares. We had seconds of those! I haven't been to Korea so I can hardly call myself a kimchi expert, but my friend who just came back from Seoul gave her nod of approval. The pancake squares were tasty little morsels with a slight hint of chewiness. Apparently the ban chan selection changes every day!

DSC_0035
DSC_0043
Pork Set
Lunch Sets, $15 and $13 respectively

The dishes in Gaia tend to be moderately expensive, so their lunch sets were really good value. My $15 set included a hearty soup with tofu, prawns and enokitake mushrooms as well as a serving of marinated pork. The soup was great - flavourful, served piping hot and chockful of wholesome ingredients. The marinated pork was served a little cold, but still tasty. My good friend, P, had the barbecued pork set for $13. The marinade for the pork in her set and mine tasted really similar, but hers was obviously a good deal tastier simply because the pork was served warm on a hot plate. All in all, the food was enjoyable and I'm pretty inclined to return. Best of all, the restaurant takes a healthy stand - minimal frying and no msg. What more can you ask for?


Gaia Korean Restaurant
3 Temasek Boulevard #03-10/12
Suntec City Mall, Singapore
Tel: (65) 6339 3313
Opens 11am–2.30pm and 5.30pm–10pm daily


Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...