Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chong Pang Nasi Lemak, Sembawang, Singapore

Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Singapore Breakfast Chong Pang Nasi Lemak
Singapore Breakfast Chong Pang Nasi Lemak
Nasi Lemak with Chicken Wings, Otah, Curry Vegetables and a Beautifully Fried Egg

School has been holding me hostage, but I escaped to say this: You need to try this Nasi Lemak if you haven't already! Perhaps a trip specially down north to get a beautiful plate of nasi lemak might seem slightly unwarranted, but if you're hungry at 3am and suddenly crave nasi lemak, this is the place to go. They open from 5pm to 7am everyday, and is pretty much a perfect supper destination.

I was thinking really hard about whether I should share this post, cause the colours in the pictures turned out a little muted, but I decided that I had to rave about this (I'll probably update the post with nicer pictures when I next head back!). Imagine being spoilt for choice with platters and platters of goodies that you just want to all pile on top of the fragrant nasi lemak rice. Crispy and juicy chicken wings and drumsticks, addictive otahs, curry vegetables, fried taiwan sausages, fried eggs, fried fish...

The chicken wings were great stuff - very well seasoned and tasty. I just wish it came freshly fried and piping hot, which is probably a matter of luck since they fry everything in batches. The otah was really tasty and great with the rice. Everything was pretty decent actually, I really liked the curry vegetables too. The egg was nicely fried but I just wish the yolk was runny - could this be a matter of luck too?

I only just found out that nasi lemak rice is made by steaming rice that has been soaked in coconut milk. I love coconut milk, and this probably explains why I love nasi lemak so much - it's an amazing combination. Not the best thing for your health, of course, but occasional indulgences shouldn't be that bad, right?


Chong Pang Nasi Lemak
Sembawang Park,
447 Sembawang Road, Singapore
Tel: +65 6756 0048


Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (2)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...