Monday, September 16, 2013

Brawn and Brains, Singapore - Cosy Coffee Haunt

Monday, September 16, 2013
Brawn and Brains
Brawn and Brains

I found great coffee where I thought I would never find it - beside a climbing gym. Imagine that! I've been getting into sport climbing lately, so this cosy coffee haunt tucked away right beside the gym is pure gold. The name makes a lot of sense, too, if you subscribe to the assumption that coffee makes you smart, that is.

Brawn and BrainsBrawn and Brains
Brawn and Brains
Quirky Interior

The place is teeny. No more than two long tables wide, with some seats by the bar. But somehow the small space only adds to the appeal. Same thing with the bright yellow stools and tiny potted plants by the coffee machine - such styling genius!

Flat White, Brawn and Brains
Iced Latte, Brawn and Brains
Flat White, $3.50, Iced Latte, $3.80

I don't know if it was the effect of the name playing up the subconscious nerd in me, but as you can see from the pictures, I seem to always visit this place with a book in hand. Or an iPad (which I use almost exclusively as an e-reader anyway). Or maybe it's just that books go with coffee. Especially good coffee. I've been here a couple of times now - while I enjoy their iced coffee, I just dig their hot coffee so much more. The Flat White and Mocha were both fabulous. I'm pretty inspired to try their hot chocolate next time around because the chocolate in the Mocha tasted really good.

Mocha, Brawn and Brains
Mocha, $3.80

One thing I can't figure out - is it the coffee that's making me enthusiastic about sport climbing, or all the climbing that makes me wanna wind down the day with coffee? The perennial chicken and egg situation, eh? What does it matter? Some questions really don't need answers.

P.S. I've also heard/read great stuff about their cakes!


Brawn and Brains
#01-07, 100 Guillemard Road
Tel: (65) 97711610
Open: Tue - Sun, 09.00 - 20.00
Website


Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...