Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Drury Lane Café, Duxton - Relaxed, Unpretentious Café

Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Drury Lane

Just when I thought there couldn't possibly be space for another café at Duxton, I discovered Drury Lane. Great coffee, relaxed atmosphere, good prices - honestly, I'm not sure what more I could have asked for.

Flat White, Drury Lane
Vegemite Toast, Drury Lane

Drury Lane serves Toby's Estate coffee, which for me, has always tasted smooth and wonderful. The coffee went especially well with the vegemite toast (I would like to toast to all cafés that serve vegemite things) with soft boiled eggs ($8, additional $1 or $2 to add toppings).

Vegemite Toast, Drury Lane
Vegemite Toast with Soft Boiled Eggs, Drury Lane

The only hassle here is getting the soft boiled egg ready to facilitate hearty dippings of vegemite toasts. Took me a while but I got there. Does anyone know any shortcuts/ tips?

Baked Eggs, Drury Lane
Eggs Benedict, Drury Lane

The other offerings at Drury Lane - baked eggs and eggs benedict ($12 each) both fared well. The prices may be easy on the pockets, but the ingredients are far from slipshod. I did wish that the baked eggs were baked with tomatoes without pasta tomato sauce, but perhaps that's just me?

Drury LaneDrury Lane
Apple Crumble Tart, Drury Lane

The desserts looked too wonderful to pass up, especially the tarts. The apple crumble tart was an adorable concept, and tasted pretty great too, although it was more like a miniature pie than anything.

Chocolate Caramel Tart, Drury Lane
Chocolate Caramel Tart, Drury Lane

The chocolate caramel tart, while (as a friend rightly pointed out), can be easily accomplished at home (if you're stocked with caramel and chocolate syrups that is), was still nevertheless highly satisfying.

Drury Lane
Drury Lane

For the surprisingly delicious food, good prices, and the wonderful, relaxed atmosphere, I would recommend anyone to give Drury Lane a visit for coffee or brunch.

Drury Lane
94 Tanjong Pagar Road
Tel: 65 62226698
Open: Closed on Tue,
Mon - Fri (9am - 10pm),
Sat - Sun (10am to 6pm)



Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (2)

  1. Any idea what's the most popular food item?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi nahmj, can't help you on this one, though I did enjoy the vegemite toasts most.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...