Monday, July 5, 2010

Leitaria I Son and Tai Lei Loi Kee, Macau

Monday, July 5, 2010

Leitaria I Son is a small char chan teng style eatery famous for milk-based puddings and dessert. They have a few branches in Hong Kong as well. As this branch was centrally located in Senado Square, it was the first thing we ate when we arrived in Macau! The four of us ordered four milk puddings and two pork chop buns to share and kick start the day mmmm.

Leitaria I Son's Milk Puddings and Pork Chop Bun

The Double Skin Steamed Milk was a delight! It was smooth, milky and not too sweet. A delectable dessert indeed. The Ginger Milk Pudding carried a note of ginger that was slightly sharp but warm and comforting at the same time. If I was a bigger fan of ginger, I'd have preferred this to the Double Skin Steamed Milk. But as it was, I was happy with the simple, pleasant, milky taste of the plain version.

The pork chop buns (Ju Pa Bao) were really good too. In fact, we were surprised at how good it was. The bread was similar to a french loaf - crusty yet soft inside, and the pork chop was well marinated. I always wondered how such a sandwich, without lettuce, tomatoes or any other condiments manage to taste so good. I guess the secret lies in juicy pork chops and really good bread. The juicy pork chops ensure that the bun doesn't taste too dry, and stripped off all the extras, the flavour of the pork really shines. 

Tai Lei Loi Kee's Pork Chop Bun

Later in the day, we went to Taipa for the famous Tai Lei Loi Kee pork chop buns that only sells from 3pm onwards everyday. The pork chop there came attached with bone, and the bun was pretty good as well. But somehow my friends and I prefered the pork chop bun at Leitaria I Son. So the next time you're there for their milk puddings, don't forget to give their pork chop bun a try too!


Leitaria I Son
7 Largo do Sehado R/C, Centro
Peninsula de Macau, Macau
Tel: (853) 2857 3638

Tai Lei Loi Kee
18 Rua Governador Tamagnini Banbosa R/C
Taipa, Macau
Tel: (853) 2882 7150

Other Macau Posts
A Lorcha, Peninsula de Macau, Macau
Margaret's Cafe e Nata, Peninsula de Macau, Macau


Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...