Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Udders Ice-Cream, Siglap, Singapore

Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Cute seating, with quaint spiral stairs leading up to the second floor

Yes, it's bye bye Hong Kong and hello Singapore. My 3 month stint in Hong Kong has come to an end, and now I'm back. There were actually a lot more places I would have loved to cover in terms of Hong Kong eats, but either I didn't take photos, or I couldn't retrieve them from my camera's built-in memory because I lost the camera cables long ago and have been relying on my memory card reader since the beginning of time. Yep I brought my camera out without my memory card and had no choice but to rely on the built-in memory. Now the photos are stuck. It's excruciating, having the photos, but no way to get them out, and therefore no way to share them with you.. These days, I'm also toying with the idea of doing eating/travel guides for the places I've been to and covered in this blog, namely Macau and Hong Kong, but currently time is not on my side, so they are probably gonna take a while. Well anyway, here I am, back in Singapore, chilling out with great friends, and having ice-cream.

Assorted Ice-Cream

I know what you're thinking. Assorted Ice-cream?? You're not gonna tell us the flavours you tried?? I know that's just delinquent. But the thing about memory is this: we remember what we love best (or the other extreme). And my friends and I, we loved the mao shan wang (durian) and rum and raisin best. The more interesting flavour we had was earl grey, which was actually quite a cool flavour. In case you're wondering, it really tasted like tea. We also had waffles to go along with the ice-cream, and my best friend J and I both agreed that chocolate ice-cream is still hands down the best accompaniment to warm waffles.

Cute flavour inspiration voting board

Sprawled on the blackboard in colourful chalks are fun and cheeky flavours that are open for voting. One of the more (unbelievably) popular flavours was ba kwa (dried bbq-ed pork). Really? I guess it'd be fun to try! On a side note, there seems to be more and more homegrown ice-cream cafes these days. Not that I'm complaining. Fresh, home-made ice-cream is always a good thing. There can never be too many places to chill, and the interesting flavours are a bonus.

P.S. Last week, I took a short 5 day trip to Bangkok! The food was incredible(: Posts soon!


Udders Ice-Cream
87 Upper East Coast Road
Singapore 455223
Tel / Fax: (65) 64488732
Sunday to Thursday: 12 noon to 11pm
Friday, Saturday and eve of PH: 12 noon to 12 midnight


Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...