Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tao Heung, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong

Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Eggplant with Minced Pork in Claypot

I was a pretty lucky girl in Hong Kong. Shortly after M left, two of my good friends flew over to visit me! We had one of our meals at Tao Heung, a typical Cantonese Restaurant that also does Steamboat (which smelled really good). It was a small meal because we had planned to snack away at Mong Kok afterwards, and our first dish was eggplant with minced pork. When egg plant is done right, it can be so right. The best egg plant I had so far was in a small village in India. Here at Tao Heung, the dish isn't amazing, but reasonably tasty.

Chilled Beef Shank

These were alright. As is typical of chilled dishes, the flavours were more subdued. Still, the beefiness came through, and I appreciated the fungi that accompanied.

Roasted Meat Platter

These were quite good. The roasted meat platter consisted of roasted pork, bbq roasted pork, vegetarian roasted duck, and jellyfish. I enjoyed this quite a bit, especially the jellyfish, though I really wished that the crackling on the roasted pork wasn't soggy. I was surprised that the platter contained vegetarian roasted duck, though it happens to be my favourite vegetarian dish - how can one ever go wrong with something fried and tasty? All in all, a simple and typical cantonese meal.


Tao Heung
3/F, Carnarvon Plaza, 20-20C Carnavon Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel: 2367 1328


Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...