Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Food For Thought, Queen Street, Singapore

Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Food For Thought
Food For Thought

I guess it's hard not to like this place. It just feels so calm and tranquil here, don't you think? I've actually dined at their other location along North Bridge road, which was a cosier but less tranquil space. The first time, it was a surprise 20th birthday lunch my lovely friends threw for me. Happy memories. The next few times, I guess I just wanted to return to somewhere cosy.

Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Garlic Mushrooms, Chicken Sausage, Brioche
Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Garlic Mushrooms, Chunky Chicken Sausage, Hash Brown, Toasted Brioche, $18

My hulk of a friend, A, who was coincidentally involved in the birthday celebration, had the Full Works Breakfast Platter, a hearty assemble of everything you'd expect for breakfast. I loved the scrambled eggs, which was perfectly creamy and runny. The crispy hash brown balls - those cute little morsels of potatoes - were creative and surprisingly good. The garlic mushrooms were tasty too, but a few of the mushrooms were just slightlyy undercooked. The breakfast platter here certainly seems more generous than the one at Wild Honey.

Seafood Risotto - Calamari, Prawn, Salmon
Calamari, Prawn and Salmon Risotto, $18

I had a pretty strong risotto craving and chose the Calamari, Prawn and Salmon Risotto. Heaped up like this, doesn't the dish resemble fried rice? Well, looks can be deceiving - the risotto wasn't as dry as it looked, and turned out really tasty, though I'd love it that much more if it came a little creamier. The prawns had a lovely crunch, and the squid was perfectly done (no rubbery scare). The salmon bits were pretty tiny, but I guess that makes it better incorporated into the Risotto. This was a lot more filling than it looks!

Black Forest Trifle
Black Forest Trifle, $7

I saw the Black Forest Trifle on display and couldn't resist trying. A was feeling under the weather, so he had coffee while I worked my way through this huge glass of black forest goodness all by myself. There were lots of whipped cream involved, as well as chocolate, sponge cake, and lovely berries/cherries that served as a nice contrast to all the sweetness in a glass. At the end of it all, I felt pretty overwhelmed. This dessert is meant to be shared!

Food For Thought

Of course, dining at Food for Thought feels good because you know that a part of their profits will be channeled towards a good cause. I just wish I knew exactly what cause I've contributed to. I tried the website, but it was pretty minimalistic with only their email and menus. I mean, I believe if I had asked about their endeavours in the restaurant they'd be more than happy to share with me, but I really do think it would be a great idea to have their endeavours up on their website too - that'd make it so much more more convenient for everyone to take a part in whatever cause they're striving for!


Food For Thought
8 Queen Street, Singapore
Tel: +65 6338 9887
Fax: +65 6338 1080
Email: omnomnom@foodforthought.com.sg

#01-06 North Bridge Centre,
420 North Bridge Rd, Singapore
Tel: +65 6338 8724
Email: eat@foodforthought.com.sg

http://www.foodforthought.com.sg/



Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (1)

  1. I really enjoyed your post. Thank you for sharing.Thanks for the info. A great find. It's hard to find good articles these days. This one is really good. Great article. Thumbs up for this post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...