Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Piao Ji Fish Porridge, Amoy Food Centre, Singapore

Tuesday, January 18, 2011
DSC_0437
DSC_0439
Sliced Fish (Pomfret) Soup with Prawns, $10

This is my favourite fish soup in the whole of Singapore. I know it has been two weeks since I came to Germany and I haven't started sharing anything about it, but I promise I'll do it all today! Back to fish soup. Apparently the cheapest bowl of fish soup costs $5 here, and the one I had was basically double the price, but it had the goods - exceedingly fresh pomfret and huge, fresh and crunchy prawns. The soup is addictive - clear, sweet (from the fish and prawns) and really tasty. It's absolutely perfect with a steaming bowl of rice, and you can even get a snack of oyster pancakes after. The price does seem a little bit steep, but they do use quality ingredients and each bowl is cooked individually, so it's actually pretty worth it. Try it and let me know what you think!


Piao Ji Fish Porridge
#02-100 Amoy St Food Centre
Opening Hours: 10.30am to 3pm
Closed on Thurs


Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (4)

  1. I must admit this is the first time I've looked at your blog and I am now very ashamed to have not done so earlier! great job, really. now it looks like I better find out where the good eats in london are ;)

    - matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks matt!(: i can't wait to go to london!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried the fish soup and with prawn too. SUCKS. the soup is so bland, rice is uncooked. i swear i will condemn this stall to all people and would not recommend to anyone. Its a shame to Singaporeans with such low quality, overpriced and worst - the service is the worst of all. Very bad tempered owner and server. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey anonymous,

    When did you try it? I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience. I agree that the owners may not be the most friendly ones out there, but I've always enjoyed the soup, and I've had it almost twenty times now over the years. It could be a bad day on their side. Are there any fish soup stalls you'd recommend?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...