Monday, July 18, 2011

Snapshot: Cinnamon Ice-Cream in Budapest

Monday, July 18, 2011
DSC_0312
DSC_0311
Cinnamon Ice-Cream

I had my first Cinnamon Ice-Cream in Budapest. When M and I were travelling in Eastern Europe, we couldn't resist buying ice-cream every time we chanced upon a colourful ice-cream stand along the street. Well, we tried to keep to reasonable limits. The very first time we chanced upon an ice-cream stand in Budapest and saw that they offered Cinnamon among their varied flavours, I almost couldn't believe my eyes - how did they know what I wanted even before I did?? It was a pretty amazing feeling to be presented with exactly what I love even before it has even crossed my mind that I could have it. It's possible that cinnamon ice-cream exists in Singapore, but I've never seen it so this first taste of cinnamon ice-cream was sublime.

It tasted exactly like cinnamon, which means it tasted like warmth and Christmas - a very creamy, slightly milky Christmas. Impossibly delicious. You have to wonder why it isn't as much of a staple flavour like vanilla or chocolate. Just like the specks of vanilla beans you'd spot in a well-made vanilla ice-cream indicates real vanilla, the brown specks in the ice-cream indicates real cinnamon. In the remaining days that followed, I noticed that every ice-cream stand in Budapest offered this gorgeous flavour. Cinnamon ice-cream was commonplace in Budapest! Afraid that this might be the only city as crazy about cinnamon as I am, I had a lot of cinnamon ice-cream before I left. Unfortunately, my fears were spot on. I've been on the look out ever since but have yet to find another ice-cream stand selling cinnamon ice-cream. Not in Germany, not in Singapore. Help, anyone? I still dream about this ice-cream.


Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (4)

  1. the closest you can get in singapore is apple cinnamon ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good! where can i find that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember now. ice cream chefs has this flavour called mrs smith. its made of green apple and cinnamon! i've tried it before and it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I'll definitely go try that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...