Saturday, November 19, 2011

Food Diary #1

Saturday, November 19, 2011
Sukiyaki, Sushi TeiRainbow Roll, Sushi Tei
Waffles with Pistachio Ice-cream, UddersOyster Omelette

One Beef Sukiyaki, Sushi Tei, $15 | Two Rainbow Roll, Sushi Tei, $12 | Three Waffle with Ice-Cream (Pistachio and Bailey's & Bourbon), Udders, $10 | Four Oyster Omelette

I don't always bring my DSLR with me, so I figured a photo diary would be a good way to capture some of my eats throughout the week. And a good way to spark more of your cravings! I've never actually dared to eat Sukiyaki in Singapore the real Japanese way - dipping the cooked ingredients into beaten raw egg. I had all sorts of fears, and I was positive Singapore was nowhere near Japan in terms of ensuring the freshness of raw eggs. Regardless, I finally tried it this time! It tasted less foreign than I thought - mostly as though I was dipping beef into the runny yolk of a sunshine egg, except of course, there were still traces of the viscous white that did nothing much for me. The verdict? Tasted good, much better than I thought it would, but I still wish it was just yolk! Also, I loved how the Rainbow Roll was sliced in such a way that you had two (albeit rather unequal) sashimi topping every piece of sushi. It's perfect for sharing!

P.S. Do you eat Sukiyaki this way?


Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...