Monday, November 28, 2011

Sunday Brunch at The Plain - My New Favourite

Monday, November 28, 2011
DSC_0305
DSC_0304
DSC_0321
Laid-back Interior

Not that I had an old favourite. I don't think I've ever walked out of a brunch so satisfied! Not in Singapore, that is. It's hard to say what exactly it is about the Plain that totally draws me in, but I'm especially impressed that everything we ordered were done so well. The menu may be limited, but it certainly seems as though everything in it has weight. I have no complains about the laid-back, just slightly quirky decor, either.

DSC_0314
DSC_0312
DSC_0324
DSC_0336
Mocha, $4.3, Latte, $3.8, The Broadsheet

We couldn't resist having a latte and mocha to perk up the morning. They were great - thick, creamy, fragrant and not too sweet. I couldn't ask for more. And yes, it's neat that they're serving coffee in old school saucers. Newspapers were hanging down the red ladder, tempting me to pick them up, so I did. Turns out that the Broadsheet is actually an Australian city guide, featuring amazing cafés, bars, restaurants and galleries. Doesn't this make you feel like taking a plane to Australia?

DSC_0345
DSC_0358
DSC_0354
Darling's Eggs (small), $6.50

This might be the real reason that I'm in love with the Plain. The poached eggs are glorious. Glorious. The darling's eggs look so simple - just cheese, ham, tomatoes, sourdough toast and a beautiful poached egg, but it was nothing short of perfect. The tomatoes were grilled just right, and I think I tasted gruyere... sublime.

DSC_0348
DSC_0347
DSC_0353
Dean's Eggs (large), $11

The dean's eggs were fantastic as well. Vegemite toast is just brilliant. I've always only had it with porridge. In case you're wondering, vegemite and marmite are essentially the same, like coke and pepsi. Again, the melted cheese, which tasted very much like gruyere, had a nice subtlety to it and went really well with the eggs. It's simple but so, so good. Clearly, I'm sold.

DSC_0363
DSC_0367
DSC_0372
More Snapshots

The sparse furniture means that the place can get a little noisy when everyone's having excited chatter, but I can handle that. Have you been to the Plain? Are there other brunch places you'd recommend?


The Plain
50 Craig Road, #01-01
Singapore 089688
http://www.theplain.com.sg/
Tel: (65) 6225 4387

Open daily 7.30am - 7.30pm
Wednesday until 10.00pm


Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (2)

  1. Foods looks yummy! And that guy wearing a black tshirt is hot.whaahaaa XDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Mitchelle,

    the food was great! there are a couple of guys donning black t-shirts, glad one of them caught your eye!(;

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...