Monday, August 30, 2010

My Favourite Yong Tau Foo, People's Park Complex Food Centre, Singapore

Monday, August 30, 2010
China Town Yong Tau Foo, Singapore Hawker
Yong Tau Foo, S$3

I grew up eating this delicious bowl of Yong Tau Foo. Usually, I find it hard to get excited over a bowl of Yong Tau Foo, a dish that (in my humble opinion) belongs to the healthier (and therefore often "bland-er") category. But not here. Even though the line of people waiting can be very intimidating, it's well worth it! At this stall, the offering is a standard bowl of Yong Tau Foo containing assorted freshly made stuffed beancurds and fishballs in a really tasty broth. You don't get to choose noodles to go with it, so what my family often does is order a bowl each, along with other hawker favourites like oyster omelette or carrot cake from other stalls. I love everything about this Yong Tau Foo - everything is made fresh (no mass manufacturing involved), and it's served to you piping hot! If you make me choose my favourite Yong Tau Foo item here, it has to be the fried beancurd with fish paste!

Singapore Hawker
That's the stall, and the line

This isn't the best photo, but you can see the long line of people waiting. How many Yong Tau Foo (in its signature orange bowl) can you spot? This is one stall that has been phenomenally successful just by selling a single dish they do best. It has been many years since I first had the Yong Tau Foo here when I was a kid, and I still love it. M concurs that this is good stuff. You really need to try this!


Yong Xiang Xing Tau Foo 永祥興豆腐
Peoples Park Complex Food Centre
#01-1084
Opening Hours: 1pm till sold out (usually by 4pm)


Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (2)

  1. Hi,
    Stumbled on your blog when I was searching about Yong tau foo in chinatown. Great blog, keep it going.

    Dun mind if I link your blog to mine, so that I can now visit your blog now and then. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I'm glad you enjoyed reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...