Monday, August 9, 2010

Wing Hap Shing Restaurant, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong

Monday, August 9, 2010
Beef and Egg Claypot Rice (Wo Dan Ngao Yuk Bo Zai Fan), 40 HKD

Have you tried the Beef and Egg claypot rice at Wing Hap Shing Restaurant? The minced beef is diced by hand, and very well seasoned. Mixed together, the yolk adds flavour all round, and the whole dish is simply delicious. They are quite generous with the beef - there is more beef than it seems, and the portion is good for 2 light eaters. The only gripe I had was the lack of crispy charred rice at the side that I had expected. I wonder what the problem was. Perhaps the pot wasn't hot enough, or perhaps the rice wasn't cooked in the claypot. Still, this is really good grub!

In fact, this place has been featured in the media, and the restaurant is famous for this particular dish! You know, it's probably not something I'd travel half the country for, but since this place happens to be right below my house (almost), I have no issues at all(: It's a great place, with a relatively healthy and suprisingly tasty bo zai fan.

P.S. The second time I went, I tried the gong zai min, and the man can yuk (luncheon meat) version my friend had was good!


Wing Hap Shing Restaurant
G/F, 113-115 Jervois Street
Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2850 5723 / 2850 5726


Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...