Thursday, January 6, 2011

Snapshot: Favourite Free Flow Oysters

Thursday, January 6, 2011
DSC_0496
Absolutely fantastic fresh oysters, free flow

I'm currently in Oestrich-Winkel, Germany, for a 6-month University Exchange, and so far everything I've seen looks like something straight out of a winter postcard. I'm really excited to share the photos I managed to take when I was brave enough to go bare on the hands (I just can't take photos with gloves!) but in the mean time, I still have 3 more Singapore posts to go, and this is one of them! I'm not exactly a fan of buffets because the quality always suffers unless you pay a premium, but I always go to Orchard Cafe in Orchard Hotel when I absolutely need free flow oysters. They have been fresh and delicious for as long as I can remember (they used to shuck it right in front of you), and you can have as many as you want along with other decent quality dishes (I love their herbal drunken prawns) for just about $56 per person. As many as you want! I thought I would be able to have 20 and not be satisfied, so I was rather disappointed when I reached diminishing returns after 10! Still, I was a very happy girl that night. What's the highest number of oysters you've ever had?

P.S. The only downside was that the oysters were replenished in intervals and they were always very quickly snapped up so the platter was empty most of the time. I don't remember this ever happening before though, so it might have been an isolated incident.


Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...